To protect lives and property of the people of the District from fires, hazardous materials incidents and natural disasters; to save lives by providing emergency medical services, and to prevent fires through prevention and education programs.
Our Organizational Vision
To be recognized by our community and employees as
- The model of excellence in providing fire protection, advanced life support emergency medical services, and related emergency services.
- As an organization that will constantly seek to provide, enhance, and broaden customer service levels as a means of increasing the quality of life for all District residents and visitors.
- As an organization that will constantly seek to be responsive to the communities' needs and concerns.
- As an organization that will encourage the challenge of new ideas and technology, just as the environment we work in changes, so must we.
Our Guiding Principles
- We exist to help people.
- In respect for all people.
- That people are our most important asset.
- That continuous improvement is accomplished one step at a time.
- In the responsible use of our resources.